Jennifer Martin

Bird with Sapphire crown
Sterling silver, 18ct yellow gold, Australian blue sapphire
 


Birdcage earrings
Sterling silver


The artist said "I follow the thread of a story, when I make my work. Sometimes it's just a vague memory of something or something I've made up. I'm never quite sure if it's the beginning, the middle or the end or anywhere else in between.
There are fortune telling lovebirds in cages, bells hanging from branched of trees, nightingales singing in the forest, echoes though the mist from the Brothers Grimm, the imprint or lace on skin, forest of coral & seaweed, tall ships & stormy seas, horses galloping. I try to gather up these shadows of narrative & create each handmade piece. I imagine the wearer will have a secret dialogue with the piece, a continuation of the story that has been suggested, like whispers between friends deep in the night... "

0 comments:

Post a Comment