Yuri Fujiyama

Hand pierced silver pendant
                                                              silver donated by John Lazos and Associates

I admire traditional art and craft works. I became inspired for this series of works from a traditional Japanese craft technique called sashiko. Sashiko is embroidery that, especially throughout the Edo period, farming women used to patch their clothes at a time when a piece of cloth was considered extremely valuable. I love the attractive, yet delicate look in their simplicity.
I use a 20 tonne power hydraulic press to form the metal. The metal thickness used is about 0.6 millimetres. Therefore each piece is very light and comfortable to wear, and also durable.


2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Yuri chan! It's Mamiko.
It's so beautiful!
Great event. I wish I could be there!
Talk to you soon.
Mami

Unknown said...

Standard model and custom-built hydraulic power packs are available. Visit http://www.precisehydraulic.com/hydraulic-press.htm

Post a Comment