Yuko Fujita







Yuko Fujita began her Gold and Silversmithing studies at NMIT TAFE, 2002, and graduated with a Bachelor of Fine Arts, Gold and Silversmithing, RMIT University, 2005. Yuko was the recipient of the Don Begbie Award for Excellence in Gold and Silversmithing, RMIT, 2005. She was also a finalist of the City of Hobart Art Prize, 2006. Yuko has been invited to exhibit in various shows, including Latitude, Melbourne Exhibition Centre, 2007, and Marzee International Graduate Show, Galerie Marzee, The Netherlands, 2006. In 2010 she had a solo exhibition, KODAMA – Return to me, e.g.etal,

The artist said “My work is an exploration of visual translation through the interplay of the fundamental qualities of the materials, textures, shape and colours I use. My spontaneous reaction to the materials never creates the same outcome and allows me to visualise obscure images into sculptural jewellery.”

0 comments:

Post a Comment